USS Normandie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

USS Normandie

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
There is a new post in the Announcements section, requesting roll call. Please respond ASAP.

In Your Wake (Stellar Queen)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Retol Ayan

Retol Ayan

In Your Wake (Stellar Queen) Empty
PostSubject: In Your Wake (Stellar Queen)   In Your Wake (Stellar Queen) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 8:34 pm

[Deck 8, Main Holodeck, USS Normandie]
[July 22nd, 2368, 2030 hours]

Ayan grabbed Eiri around the waist and kissed the back of his neck. The little half-Vulcan laughed and squirmed. “Someone is going to see us,” he hissed softly, trying to worm his way out of Ayan’s arms, but not trying very hard. “Do you know of any good holobooks?"

“Nobody’s down here.” Ayan grinned at him, holding Eiri tightly. "And I know a few, what do you like?" He chuckled. "Action? Adventure?" He put on a dramatic, deep, and over-the-top voice. "High drama in the stars?" He changed his voice again, a little more sultry, whispering in the half-breed’s ear. "Romantic adventures of two lovers?" And he changed his voice back to normal. "Or history? Or maybe something else?"

Eiri gasped and shivered slightly in his arms. "Anything, to just get us on to the holodeck and out of the hallway where we can be seen.” Not winning the war to escape, Eiri turned in Ayan’s embrace and kissed him on the chin, wrapping his arms around the taller male. “... and you know I’m normally terribly boring. I read a lot of things that are very dry and would not make good novels. Should we try this Steller Queen program? I hear being on a boat at sea is terribly romantic."

Ayan stared down at Eiri for a moment and then laughed softly. The small half-Vulcan was still a surprise at times and he often found himself shocked and delighted. With great effort, he finally managed to let go of Eiri and stepped back, flourishing an ornate bow to him. "As you command," the Bajoran said, being silly and backing it up with a broad grin. "Shall we?"

"It sounds like fun to me." Eiri smiled almost shlyly in return and reached out to put a hand on Ayan’s shoulder as the Bajoran pulled up the file, almost as if he could not help himself and wanted to be in constant physical contact with Ayan.

“Computer, appropriate dress for setting and time period.” Ayan waited until SARAH complied and nodded when she announced that the program was “complete”. "All right, then. All ready.” The door to the holodeck slid open with a whoosh and the Bajoran waved them in. "We start," he said with a grin.

The party that they walked into was quite swanky. Eiri appeared in a black and white suit, complete with tails, a cane and a top hat, while Ayan wore something that made him look a little more like he stepped out of a mob movie. People milled about with drinks and appetizers. In the center of the room, surrounded by tables, there was a dance floor and waltz-like music was played by a live band. Hanging chandeliers, draped with crystal, like dew drops on a spider’s web, lit everything in a pale light. Eiri looked around. “Exactly what I was looking for. I think we should test this so-called “romantic” setting.” He grinned, almost gleefully, and offered Ayan a slender hand. “Would you care to dance, sir?”

He could smell the ocean. Ayan looked at him intensely, and a smile played across his lips. "Of course," he said, taking Eiri’s hand.

Once on the amazingly smooth dance floor, the half-Vulcan held his hands out for Ayan to lead and the Bajoran deftly did so, taking one hand and gently putting the other on Eiri's slender waist. Both seemed more then competent dancers. They moved easily together around the floor, confident but still a little shy. The characters around them seemed not to notice or be alarmed at their behavior.

"You're a very good dancer," Ayan finally said quietly, after several moment of silence, as they continued slowly around the room.

"So are you," Eiri returned shyly. He took Bajoran's hand that was on his waist and put it to the small of his back, smiling. "I like this better."

Ayan stepped closer, his smile light and his eyes on Eiri whenever he could catch his gaze, maintaining a much eye contact as possible. Each time their eyes met the shorter man would turn away, the delicate tips of his ears burning. "Mmm, would you like them to play something a little faster?" Ayan asked, afraid that Eiri might be uncomfortable.

Eiri looked up at the Bajoran and his cheeks flushed with the barest hint of color. "I'd actually like something a little slower," he answered, boldly, with the tiniest of smirks.

Ayan blinked at him for a moment, still surprised by the little Vulcan and smiled. "Of course. Just a moment." He let go of Eiri and walked over to the conductor of the band. He talked to him for a brief moment and nodded his head. The conductor nodded a few times as well before Ayan returned. The next song was slower and Ayan stepped in close to Eiri. He put his hand on the shorter man’s back again, the other slipped a little lower to rest on the top of Eiri’s hip. "I think that works better," he said as he started to dance again.

"Mmhmm." Eiri lay his head on Ayan's shoulder and wrapped his arms around him. "This is much better."

Ayan tightened his hold on the silver-haired mix. "Yes," he said simply. "Yes it is." They danced around quietly, both enjoying the moment, surrounded by other Starfleet officers from many other shifts who were just there to unwind. The wooden floor was smooth and well polished and the room was lovely and very peaceful. The Bajoran smiled as they danced. Being this close to Eiri eventually made him a little braver. Out of nowhere, he kissed the top of Eiri’s head. Public displays of affection had never been popular with Eiri, and Ayan was constantly nervous about making the wrong move in front of the wrong people.

Eiri made a small happy sound. "That was nice," he said softly, his voice muffled a little against the Bajoran’s shoulder. He closed his eyes and let himself finally relax against the taller male.

Ayan held him, his nervousness ebbing away slowly. "Mmm, you're nice." he returned, just as quietly.

"You are flirting with me, correct?” Eiri asked shyly, after several long moments of comfortable silence.

The Bajoran smiled a little. "Very much so," he replied.

Eiri blushed to the tips of his delicately pointed ears. "I like it when you flirt with me. It is flattering and fun."

Ayan hugged Eiri to himself and rubbed his back soothingly with a soft chuckle. The Vulcan-mix might be slender, but there was nothing about him that was weak. "I like you..." he said.

"I like you too, Ayan," Eiri replied, looking up at him. “As if that much was not obvious.”

Ayan looked down at him for a long moment, and he took a breath. He had expected, after all of these long weeks, to finally be let down easy. "Prophets," he says softly, and leaned down to kiss the shorter male.

Eiri kissed him back, but kept it chaste. "Ayan, I want to do this, but I am uncertain about being open." He hugged Ayan tightly.

Ayan nodded, and hugged him back. "I know," he said softly. "That's why I haven't done anything in public before. I just couldn't help it tonight. Sorry." He gave Eiri a gentle squeeze.

"I am very attracted to you, Ayan," Eiri said softly. "It was just inappropriate before."

The Bajoran nodded. "I know," he said with a chuckle. "I tried really hard to put it aside and be professional." Ayan looked down at Eiri with a small smile. "And sometimes I think you were trying to embarrass me," he teased.

Eiri blinked at him, with pale eyes. "Embarrass you? Why? That seems illogical."

Ayan laughed softly. "Just sometimes some of the things you said could be read one way or another." He shook his head. "It's not important, but you did always seem to know how to make me blush."

Eiri laughed as well. "You did that on your own. It is not my fault you are easily embarrassed, and I meant nothing subversive. At least not during our counseling sessions. Now sleeping with you on Kepler station, that was a different matter, but I would hardly classify that as subversive."

Ayan blushed almost immediately, shy and a little chastened. "I know," he responded softly.

Eiri hugged him, rubbing his nose into the taller man’s shoulder. "So, what are we going to do now that we have been honest with each other? And not just having sex?"

Ayan sighed a little and hugged him back. "I don't know," he said. "I know it's not exactly professional, but, well." He looked at Eiri. "I really like you, Eiri. I know we have to be careful here." He touched Eiri's chiseled face briefly, in a petting motion. "Maybe we should do a few evenings like this when we can? We got to know each other pretty well, but you're right, take it slow."

Eiri nodded in return. "Mmhm, although, some people do not believe in fate."

Ayan smiled. "I know," he said softly. "And I respect that. Maybe I'm just trying to justify how I feel and hoping not to mess it up."

"You are not messing anything up," Eiri chuckled. "Would you like to go outside? There's a deck outside."

Ayan smiled and nodded. "I'd like that," he said. He let go of Eiri, but tried to keep hold of his hand.

Eiri squeezed his hand and headed for the double doors that lead outside. They were ornately carved and the handles were scrolled. The sheet of glass that took up most of the door was frosted with a delicate 1920’s, art nouveau-looking pattern.

When the doors opened the sea breeze was cool, refreshing, and the ocean beyond was breathtaking. In the dark, the surface of the water was almost reflective, as if they floated on a liquid mirror.

As Eiri stepped outside, he took in a deep breath of night air. "Mm, it is beautiful out here." He headed for the railing and pulled his hand away from Ayan to put them both on the railing and lean out a little, watching the water churn at the edge of the boat. A few other officers were walking the deck and talking, but paid them no mind.

Ayan followed, chuckling a little at the Counselor’s delight. Once at the railing Ayan hugged Eiri, sliding up behind him and looking out at the dark ocean beyond. "Yes it is," he said simply.

Eiri hugged the Bajoran’s arms and leaned back against him. "Mm, it is beautiful out here, but I have spent too much time planetside."

Ayan rested his chin on Eiri's shoulder. "You really didn't like that station, did you?" he asked, curious.

"It was tedious, after awhile. At first it was exciting, but that did not last long." Eiri tipped his head so he could see Ayan a little. "So, what are we doing? Are we dating?"

Ayan gave him a little squeeze. "I'd like to, but can we do that?" he asked.

"You are not my direct subordinate, per se."

Ayan chuckled as well. "True, I just want to be sure, that's all. I don't want you to regret this."

"We cannot predict that. We do not know what the future will be, for either of us. I do not regret. I actually find regret to be a mostly pointless emotion. If you are disciplined, then there is no reason for regret."

Ayan chuckled and squeezed him. "Well, maybe, yes, but I'd say that we're dating."

"Excellent! Are we going to tell people or not? I am alright either way."

"I think people will know," Ayan said softly, turning his chin to kiss Eiri’s cheek.

Eiri took a deep breath. "May we give it some time before we tell people? I want to make sure that everything is well. I do not want either of us ending up court-marshaled for dating. We have had enough trouble." He turned in Ayan's arms.

Ayan looked down at him. "Of course," he said. "I can be good." He smiled.

Eiri chuckled. "Why do I doubt that just a little bit."

Ayan looked at him seriously. "I promise," he said.

Eiri nodded. "Deal." He beamed. "Now, you can kiss me."

Ayan smiled a little and then leaned in to kiss him. He left room for Eiri to back out if he wanted to, but his kiss was firm. Eiri kissed him back, wrapping his arms tightly around Ayan for several moments.

Eventually Ayan had to pull back for air, and he stared at Eiri with a smirk. "Nice.”

Eiri’s breath was shallow and his light eyes were dilated. "Very nice." He smiled, his hands on Ayan's chest.

Ayan rubbed his face into Eiri. He chuckled. "Mmm, gonna have to be very good."

"We are not back on duty yet." He kissed Ayan again.

Ayan returned the kiss.

{{And now the fun begins. Tee hee. A JP written by Lt. Retol "No, actually, I don't stop talking" Ayan and Lt. Eiri "You all are crazy" Ashshy.}}

Last edited by Retol Ayan on Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:37 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : I can't spell. sigh.)
Back to top Go down

In Your Wake (Stellar Queen)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
USS Normandie :: The Stellar Queen-
Jump to: