USS Normandie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

USS Normandie

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
There is a new post in the Announcements section, requesting roll call. Please respond ASAP.

The General Rules 'Round These Parts...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dagny Taggart-Leis
Admin
Dagny Taggart-Leis

The General Rules 'Round These Parts... Empty
PostSubject: The General Rules 'Round These Parts...   The General Rules 'Round These Parts... I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 9:49 pm

HARD RULES

1) We are all here to have fun and enjoy a unique setting within the Task Force 92/Star Trek Simming environment. If for any reason you find you are not having fun, I highly suggest you go to your nearest retail store and buy a sense of humor. Also, contact the CO.

2) I highly encourage you to read the Charter and Policies of Task Force 92 so you can see what your requirements and benefits are as a member of this organization. You can find that here.

3) Profit

4) This type of character is the kind I would highly recommend you not create or play.

5) Contribution of a minimum of one mission-related post a week is required by your Commanding Officer. Mission logs can be posted as much as you like, and will count towards this, but please do not use mission logs as your ONLY form of interaction.

6) Our Sovereign Lord the King chargeth and commandeth all persons, being assembled, immediately to disperse themselves, and peaceably to depart to their habitations, or to their lawful business, upon the pains contained in the act made in the first year of King George, for preventing tumults and riotous assemblies. God Save the King! There. I just read you the Riot Act.

GENERAL ENCOURAGEMENTS

1) I would encourage you to think on the fly, but also to form out what type of response to the situation your character would have. This does two things. One, it helps you maintain the flow of the mission. Two, it can help prevent the posting of one sentence replies.

2) Regarding one sentence replies. I really don't want to say they're forbidden...but they're forbidden. Really the only reason to post one is if it's a long drawn out conversation that calls for single sentence replies. If you'd like to have a long, drawn out conversation with one or more characters, we have a joint post forum. Any joint posts, upon conclusion of the post to all parties' satisfaction, will be merged into the current mission topic.

3) Profit.

4) Get to know the person behind the player. Participate in off topic conversations. Harass your fellow simmers. The crew we have aboard the Wanderer are here because the idea of serving in cramped spaces appeals to them. So let's all get friendly, IC and OOC.

5) Do your very best not to take control of another person's character. This is known as godmodding in the RP community, and is generally frowned upon. If a situation arises where you think it would be easier to take control of someone's character for a few moments rather than tag and wait for a response, you're better off PMing that person to ask anyway Smile

Last edited by Erszebet Virkov on Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : updated 2/6/11)
Back to top Go down
http://http://ussnormandie.pfy.netai.net/

The General Rules 'Round These Parts...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
USS Normandie :: Off Topic-
Jump to: