USS Normandie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

USS Normandie

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
There is a new post in the Announcements section, requesting roll call. Please respond ASAP.

Intel Briefing

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Adam Carter

Adam Carter

Intel Briefing Empty
PostSubject: Intel Briefing   Intel Briefing I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 7:18 am

The suite had started its life as an unused Officer's quarters. Under Adam Carter's guidance, it had over the past three days been transformed. The room's main space was now lined with screens, displaying data streamed from various areas of the ship - a live feed of each of the screens in the Intelligence bullpen, live updates from the Engineering section, a forward view from the ship's outer hull with various enhanced viewing filters overlaid on rotation, and more. At the far end of the room, Adam had replicated and assembled a high-power workstation. The room was otherwise devoid of furniture, giving the impression of more space than the room actually contained.

The suite's second room had been similarly stripped down. The furniture that made it a bedroom had been replaced with rack upon rack of clothes from every culture and navy Adam could think of. He'd placed mirrors along the walls, to ensure that an outfit was correct from every angle. The bathroom had undergone a similar but muted transformation - its main addition was a Hollywood-scale makeup arsenal.

He stood in the middle of the data centre and turned in a slow circle, taking in at a glance the Normandie's status and position, breaking news headlines from around the Federation (or, more correctly, headlines from three hours ago - there were definitely downsides to seeking out and exploring strange new worlds on the edge one's home civilisation), and long-range scans of several nearby systems. Completing his turn, he smiled contentedly. This place had definite potential.

He tapped his commbadge. "Carter to Konev. I have new orders for you, cadet. Report to Suite A38."
Back to top Go down
Luna Konev

Luna Konev

Intel Briefing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intel Briefing   Intel Briefing I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 4:09 pm

The suite had started its life as an unused Officer's quarters. Under Adam Carter's guidance, it had over the past three days been transformed. The room's main space was now lined with screens, displaying data streamed from various areas of the ship - a live feed of each of the screens in the Intelligence bullpen, live updates from the Engineering section, a forward view from the ship's outer hull with various enhanced viewing filters overlaid on rotation, and more. At the far end of the room, Adam had replicated and assembled a high-power workstation. The room was otherwise devoid of furniture, giving the impression of more space than the room actually contained.

The suite's second room had been similarly stripped down. The furniture that made it a bedroom had been replaced with rack upon rack of clothes from every culture and navy Adam could think of. He'd placed mirrors along the walls, to ensure that an outfit was correct from every angle. The bathroom had undergone a similar but muted transformation - its main addition was a Hollywood-scale makeup arsenal.

He stood in the middle of the data centre and turned in a slow circle, taking in at a glance the Normandie's status and position, breaking news headlines from around the Federation (or, more correctly, headlines from three hours ago - there were definitely downsides to seeking out and exploring strange new worlds on the edge one's home civilization), and long-range scans of several nearby systems. Completing his turn, he smiled contentedly. This place had definite potential.

He tapped his commbadge. "Carter to Konev. I have new orders for you, cadet. Report to Suite A38."

"Aye, sir." Came the response. "I'm nearby. I will be there shortly."

<TAG>

A few minutes passed and a seemingly serene Luna Konev walked into the suite. She looked like she had just finished a short work out, but if the previous OSCE had frazzled her, her face didn't show it.

"Cadet Konev, Reporting for duty." The young Orion woman said lightly.

<TAG>
Back to top Go down
http://ussmerrimack.jedi.net.nz/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
Adam Carter

Adam Carter

Intel Briefing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intel Briefing   Intel Briefing I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 12:21 am

He stood in the middle of the data centre and turned in a slow circle, taking in at a glance the Normandie's status and position, breaking news headlines from around the Federation (or, more correctly, headlines from three hours ago - there were definitely downsides to seeking out and exploring strange new worlds on the edge one's home civilization), and long-range scans of several nearby systems. Completing his turn, he smiled contentedly. This place had definite potential.

"Acknowledged," replied Adam, double tapping the badge to close the connection. He crossed the room, sat down and called up a more detailed scan of one of the nearer systems, one the Normandie would almost certainly pass through as she made her way through the expanse.

A few minutes passed and a seemingly serene Luna Konev walked into the suite. She looked like she had just finished a short work out, but if the previous OSCE had frazzled her, her face didn't show it.

"Ah, Konev," he said, swiveling in his chair and rising to greet her. "Congratulations on your OSCE run, that was well done."

<tag>

"Now that your exam's behind us, we're going to get into the meat of your training. I take it you're still interested in field work?" He asked the question with a twinkle in his eye.

<tag>
Back to top Go down
Luna Konev

Luna Konev

Intel Briefing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intel Briefing   Intel Briefing I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 12:33 am

"Acknowledged," replied Adam, double tapping the badge to close the connection. He crossed the room, sat down and called up a more detailed scan of one of the nearer systems, one the Normandie would almost certainly pass through as she made her way through the expanse.

"Ah, Konev," he said, swiveling in his chair and rising to greet her. "Congratulations on your OSCE run, that was well done."

Luna simply raised an eyebrow at that. She had expected her supervisor to look into her files, but if he was keeping up to the minute surveillance on her, then... well, she was in Intel, it came with the job.

"Now that your exam's behind us, we're going to get into the meat of your training. I take it you're still interested in field work?" He asked the question with a twinkle in his eye.

"I don't think that I'll be sitting in the Captain's chair again any time soon. Field work would be a nice distraction." Luna smirked. "Tell me, what did you have in mind?"

<TAG back>
Back to top Go down
Adam Carter

Adam Carter

Intel Briefing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intel Briefing   Intel Briefing I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 9:36 pm

Luna simply raised an eyebrow at that. She had expected her supervisor to look into her files, but if he was keeping up to the minute surveillance on her, then... well, she was in Intel, it came with the job.

"I don't think that I'll be sitting in the Captain's chair again any time soon. Field work would be a nice distraction." Luna smirked. "Tell me, what did you have in mind?"

Adam smiled. "I'm going to teach you how to become whomever you want to be, Miss Konev. But, to do that, we're going to start with something basic. So! If you step into the next room, you'll find a uniform. Pop it on and come back out."

<tag>

The uniform sat on a chair in the middle of the room, neatly folded. It was a Starfleet uniform, of the variant used by crew on the Normandie, but with mustard yellow where Luna's uniform was grey. It was also, she discovered, in exactly the right size for her frame.

<tag>
Back to top Go down
Luna Konev

Luna Konev

Intel Briefing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intel Briefing   Intel Briefing I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 11:19 pm

Adam smiled. "I'm going to teach you how to become whomever you want to be, Miss Konev. But, to do that, we're going to start with something basic. So! If you step into the next room, you'll find a uniform. Pop it on and come back out."

The Orion cadet gave him a sideways look but did not comment. Ensign Carter managed to surprise her from the moment she met him. This was definitely not the 'PADD and Program' formal training she expected from her immediate supervisor. As she laid her eyes on what was in the next room, her imagination flourished with a large number of possibilities. Her initial impression she had of the man just went up two points.

The uniform sat on a chair in the middle of the room, neatly folded. It was a Starfleet uniform, of the variant used by crew on the Normandie, but with mustard yellow where Luna's uniform was grey. It was also, she discovered, in exactly the right size for her frame.

"Should I be worried that you know precisely what my three sizes are?" Luna commented lightly as she rejoined Adam in the main suite. She resisted the urge to model the new clothes for him, Support Technician Gold wasn't really the rave in Milan this season.

<tag>
Back to top Go down
Adam Carter

Adam Carter

Intel Briefing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intel Briefing   Intel Briefing I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 7:17 am

The Orion cadet gave him a sideways look but did not comment. Ensign Carter managed to surprise her from the moment she met him. This was definitely not the 'PADD and Program' formal training she expected from her immediate supervisor. As she laid her eyes on what was in the next room, her imagination flourished with a large number of possibilities. Her initial impression she had of the man just went up two points.

"Should I be worried that you know precisely what my three sizes are?" Luna commented lightly as she rejoined Adam in the main suite. She resisted the urge to model the new clothes for him, Support Technician Gold wasn't really the rave in Milan this season.

"I should hope not," replied Adam mildly, "given how eager you were to give me hands-on measurements the other day." Moving on to forestall an angry outburst (or worse, an awkward silence) he tapped his PADD a few times. The screens lining the room blanked, then flashed up a 360-degree view of the ship's main engineering space. Directly in front of Luna sat the gently pulsating warp core, while Engineers clad similarly to Adam's erstwhile apprentice darted about the space on inscrutable errands.

"Main Engineering," he said. "Your first task will be to spend a half-shift based here, under the command of Lt Sepeth himself. You'll be playing the part of Shras Amit, an engineer crewman in the process of moving from Charlie to Bravo shift. Your objective," he continued, "is to complete your shift without raising suspicion or being discovered. With me so far?"

<tag>

"Now, you're not going in without time for a bit of study. Before you can do that, though, you need to get changed. You're the only Orion on the ship, so it won't do to send you in looking like you do now." His smile widening, he gestured to the suite's bathroom. "Luckily, I have just the thing." They walked into the bathroom and he ushered her faux-gallantly into the comfortable chair in front of the mirror. Opening a drawer, he produced a spray-hypo and handed it to her.

"This," he said, "is a bloody useful little compound. It's a pigment shifting agent. I've mixed this one to shift you from green to blue - Shras is Andorian."

<tag!>
Back to top Go down
Luna Konev

Luna Konev

Intel Briefing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intel Briefing   Intel Briefing I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 6:03 pm

"I should hope not," replied Adam mildly, "given how eager you were to give me hands-on measurements the other day." Moving on to forestall an angry outburst (or worse, an awkward silence) he tapped his PADD a few times. The screens lining the room blanked, then flashed up a 360-degree view of the ship's main engineering space. Directly in front of Luna sat the gently pulsating warp core, while Engineers clad similarly to Adam's erstwhile apprentice darted about the space on inscrutable errands.

"Mmmm." Luna pursed her lips as she considered both Carter's response and the scene unveiled to her. "Touche. What's this?"

"Main Engineering," he said. "Your first task will be to spend a half-shift based here, under the command of Lt Sepeth himself. You'll be playing the part of Shras Amit, an engineer crewman in the process of moving from Charlie to Bravo shift. Your objective," he continued, "is to complete your shift without raising suspicion or being discovered. With me so far?"

"An engineer?" Luna murmured as she looked skeptical. "If you have me spend half a shift in Engineering, there is a good chance I might mess something up."

"Now, you're not going in without time for a bit of study. Before you can do that, though, you need to get changed. You're the only Orion on the ship, so it won't do to send you in looking like you do now." His smile widening, he gestured to the suite's bathroom. "Luckily, I have just the thing." They walked into the bathroom and he ushered her faux-gallantly into the comfortable chair in front of the mirror. Opening a drawer, he produced a spray-hypo and handed it to her.

"This," he said, "is a bloody useful little compound. It's a pigment shifting agent. I've mixed this one to shift you from green to blue - Shras is Andorian."

"And this is when I would be twitching an antenna at you, if I had them. You'll be providing me with those?" Luna took the hypo and began to brush back the hair near her neck with her other hand. Keeping her eyes locked on Carter's, she refrained from touching the hypo to her skin until she sorted things out. "I will assume that this wont grow any feelers on my head and that it's certainly reversible... right?"

<TAG back>
Back to top Go down
Adam Carter

Adam Carter

Intel Briefing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intel Briefing   Intel Briefing I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 7:28 am

"Mmmm." Luna pursed her lips as she considered both Carter's response and the scene unveiled to her. "Touche. What's this?"

"An engineer?" Luna murmured as she looked skeptical. "If you have me spend half a shift in Engineering, there is a good chance I might mess something up."

"And this is when I would be twitching an antenna at you, if I had them. You'll be providing me with those?" Luna took the hypo and began to brush back the hair near her neck with her other hand. Keeping her eyes locked on Carter's, she refrained from touching the hypo to her skin until she sorted things out. "I will assume that this wont grow any feelers on my head and that it's certainly reversible... right?"

"Sure is," replied Adam positively. "It'll wear off naturally after about 24 hours - depends on your constitution - and I've got the counter-agent already replicated and ready." From the same drawer, he pulled a second hypo, tossed it end-over-end once, and then replaced it.

"As for your antenna..." he swung open a cupboard and produced a white mannequin's head, atop which sat a wig of shimmery blue-white hair. From the wig sprouted a pair of extremely realistic looking Andorian antennae. As Luna watched, they twitched, as if the pretend head were an amused Andorian. "There's a chip inside the lining that'll passively read the output from your A10 nerve - the antennae will mirror your nervous responses. So control your responses, or you'll be a very shifty looking engineer."

<tag - sorry for the delay!>
Back to top Go down
Luna Konev

Luna Konev

Intel Briefing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intel Briefing   Intel Briefing I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 12:48 pm

"And this is when I would be twitching an antenna at you, if I had them. You'll be providing me with those, as well?" Luna took the hypo and began to brush back the hair near her neck with her other hand. Keeping her eyes locked on Carter's, she refrained from touching the hypo to her skin until she sorted things out. "I will assume that this wont grow any feelers on my head and that it's certainly reversible... right?"

"Sure is," replied Adam positively. "It'll wear off naturally after about 24 hours - depends on your constitution - and I've got the counter-agent already replicated and ready." From the same drawer, he pulled a second hypo, tossed it end-over-end once, and then replaced it.

"As for your antenna..." he swung open a cupboard and produced a white mannequin's head, atop which sat a wig of shimmery blue-white hair. From the wig sprouted a pair of extremely realistic looking Andorian antennae. As Luna watched, they twitched, as if the pretend head were an amused Andorian. "There's a chip inside the lining that'll passively read the output from your A10 nerve - the antennae will mirror your nervous responses. So control your responses, or you'll be a very shifty looking engineer."

"Fascinating." The Orion murmured as she took the wig and head with her to the adjoining room where she had found a beauty station with a holographic mirror.

Taking her time to pin her hair up, she gently placed the wig upon her head. Seeding the sensor chip prod onto the specific spot on her head where passive reader could reach the floor of her midbrain she vaguely knew was called the ventral tegmental system from her behavioral neuroscience classes. Once it hit the sweet spot, the antennae stood in the emotion of mild surprise. Pressing the vacuum seal, the wig shrunk to mold to her skull, and with a few minor adjustments the wig looked natural and secure on her head. She sighed as she pressed the hypospray to her neck and administered the cosmetic pigment to herself. If he had gone through all this trouble to train her, the least she could do was trust that he had done his homework. The idea of permanently being a blue skinned freak of nature was daunting, but then again, she was aware of her vanity.

"Well, I'll say..." Luna watched with amusement as the physical illusion took hold. As the blue pigment spread out with the speed of her beating heart, she looked more the part of the blue skinned warrior race. Opening up a drawer on the station, she found the facial prosthetic to mute the telltale personal traits of her nose and chin. They too had a sensor to match her current skin color and adhered to her tightly and produced a very natural looking Andorian. Standing to turn to meet her Department Chief, she fought her instinct to grin.

"Well, does this look seem plausible?" The pseudo-Andorian asked. She refrained from her normal stance of placing her hand on her hip and instead crossed her arms in front of her chest.

<Tag back and go ahead and post it if you think its good! Thanks!>
Back to top Go down
Adam Carter

Adam Carter

Intel Briefing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intel Briefing   Intel Briefing I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 11:01 pm

"And this is when I would be twitching an antenna at you, if I had them. You'll be providing me with those, as well?" Luna took the hypo and began to brush back the hair near her neck with her other hand. Keeping her eyes locked on Carter's, she refrained from touching the hypo to her skin until she sorted things out. "I will assume that this wont grow any feelers on my head and that it's certainly reversible... right?"

"Fascinating." The Orion murmured as she took the wig and head with her to the adjoining room where she had found a beauty station with a holographic mirror.

Taking her time to pin her hair up, she gently placed the wig upon her head. Seeding the sensor chip prod onto the specific spot on her head where passive reader could reach the floor of her midbrain she vaguely knew was called the ventral tegmental system from her behavioral neuroscience classes. Once it hit the sweet spot, the antennae stood in the emotion of mild surprise. Pressing the vacuum seal, the wig shrunk to mold to her skull, and with a few minor adjustments the wig looked natural and secure on her head. She sighed as she pressed the hypospray to her neck and administered the cosmetic pigment to herself. If he had gone through all this trouble to train her, the least she could do was trust that he had done his homework. The idea of permanently being a blue skinned freak of nature was daunting, but then again, she was aware of her vanity.

"Well, I'll say..." Luna watched with amusement as the physical illusion took hold. As the blue pigment spread out with the speed of her beating heart, she looked more the part of the blue skinned warrior race. Opening up a drawer on the station, she found the facial prosthetic to mute the telltale personal traits of her nose and chin. They too had a sensor to match her current skin color and adhered to her tightly and produced a very natural looking Andorian. Standing to turn to meet her Department Chief, she fought her instinct to grin.

"Well, does this look seem plausible?" The pseudo-Andorian asked. She refrained from her normal stance of placing her hand on her hip and instead crossed her arms in front of her chest.

Adam looked her up and down, noting the correct fit of the uniform, the shift in her body language, the stillness of her antennae. She'd even found the extra prosthetics.

"I think, Crewman Amit, you'll pass muster," he said dryly. "Now, back to the data center. We have 45 minutes to turn you into a passable engineer. Let's get busy."

<Part 1 complete. Stay tuned.>
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Intel Briefing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intel Briefing   Intel Briefing I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Intel Briefing
Page 1 of 1