USS Normandie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

USS Normandie

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
There is a new post in the Announcements section, requesting roll call. Please respond ASAP.

Strategic Ops Dept JP

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dagny Taggart-Leis
Admin
Dagny Taggart-Leis

Strategic Ops Dept JP Empty
PostSubject: Strategic Ops Dept JP   Strategic Ops Dept JP I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 5:55 pm

[Holodeck One, USS Normandie]
[2 August 2386 CE]
[1320 hours]

"STOP! Computer, reset simulation at marker four one three. Increase difficulty by fifteen percent. Re-commence on my mark."

The five Breen warriors disappeared, and a small cityscape re-appeared in it's place. The cadets and non-coms were doubled over, trying to catch their breath. Julian smirked, and shook his head. They were performing better than expected, but the Breen were fierce, unrelenting warriors, and this still wasn't good enough.

"There is only one species in this galaxy that I can think of that frightens me more than the Breen," he said to them. "That species is the Borg. So we can either continue on this track, or we can move on to harder simulations. Go back and do it again!" he shouted.

Before he could give the order, SARAH materialized next to him.

"Hello SARAH, what can I do for you today?" he asked.

"Good afternoon Lieutenant Durand. I have been instructed to inform you that Protocol Delta-47-C has been enacted. Full command authorization has been transferred to Second Officer Eiri Ashshy per Starfleet Command instruction and Fleet Protocol."

Julian slung the phaser rifle over his shoulder, and said "While that's fascinating, SARAH, I'm no longer a member of the Senior Staff, why are you informing me?"

"Protocol requires me to inform all officers with command experience of the change, Lieutenant, in the event that command officers are called upon for Bridge duty," she replied evenly.

"Fine, thank you," he said. Turning to the group assembled, he said "Bring it in! There's been a change of plans. SARAH, please ask Ensign Carter to join me down here. This is what the Academy would call a teaching moment, and I think he needs to be in on it."

"It would be my pleasure, Lieutenant," she said, and promptly vanished.

<tag Strategic Ops department>
Back to top Go down
http://http://ussnormandie.pfy.netai.net/
Adam Carter

Adam Carter

PostSubject: Re: Strategic Ops Dept JP   Strategic Ops Dept JP I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 8:46 pm

[2 August 2386 CE]
[1320 hours]

"STOP! Computer, reset simulation at marker four one three. Increase difficulty by fifteen percent. Re-commence on my mark."

The five Breen warriors disappeared, and a small cityscape re-appeared in it's place. The cadets and non-coms were doubled over, trying to catch their breath. Julian smirked, and shook his head. They were performing better than expected, but the Breen were fierce, unrelenting warriors, and this still wasn't good enough.

"There is only one species in this galaxy that I can think of that frightens me more than the Breen," he said to them. "That species is the Borg. So we can either continue on this track, or we can move on to harder simulations. Go back and do it again!" he shouted.

"Good afternoon Lieutenant Durand. I have been instructed to inform you that Protocol Delta-47-C has been enacted. Full command authorization has been transferred to Second Officer Eiri Ashshy per Starfleet Command instruction and Fleet Protocol."

Julian slung the phaser rifle over his shoulder, and said "While that's fascinating, SARAH, I'm no longer a member of the Senior Staff, why are you informing me?"

"Protocol requires me to inform all officers with command experience of the change, Lieutenant, in the event that command officers are called upon for Bridge duty," she replied evenly.

"Fine, thank you," he said. Turning to the group assembled, he said "Bring it in! There's been a change of plans. SARAH, please ask Ensign Carter to join me down here. This is what the Academy would call a teaching moment, and I think he needs to be in on it."

Intelligence Suite
1322 Hours

Sarah materialised inside the converted suite to find Adam Carter pacing. The screens surrounding the room were all displaying personnel files, most prominently the Virkov's and T'Lani's. The AI showed no signs of surprise at the unconventional setup of the room - she was, after all a part of its security setup. Adam finished another crossing of the room, turned to return and saw the AI construct standing beside the centre table.

"SARAH," he greeted her, not unkindly. "What can I do for you?"

"Lieutenant Durand has requested your presence on the Holodeck," replied the AI. "He mentioned a 'teaching moment'."

"Of course," replied Adam. "I'll head right over. While you're here, SARAH, I need you to add Acting Captain Ashashy to the IC list. I'll give him a personal briefing after he's had a chance to settle in. And... Remove Captain Virkov."

Was there a hint of sadness in her voice as she replied, "Yes, sir," or was it his imagination?

"I'll be right along to the Holodeck. Do me a favour and find Cadet Konev? Ask her to join us in the Holodeck. That will be all, SARAH," finished Adam. He waited for the AI to vanish entirely before crossing the room and firing off a quick email to Karl, the supervisor of the intel bullpen. Virkov might be on her way to parts unknown, but if Adam had anything to say about it, she wouldn't walk in unprepared. Professional courtesy demanded nothing less.

-----

Holodeck
1335 Hours

"Lieutenant," greeted Adam smilingly as he entered the Holodeck. "Nice program. Love a city sim. How can I help you?"

<Tag Jules/Luna/Anyone else (Smyth?)>
Back to top Go down
Luna Konev

Luna Konev

PostSubject: Re: Strategic Ops Dept JP   Strategic Ops Dept JP I_icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 2:40 pm

[2 August 2386 CE]
[1320 hours]

Intelligence Suite
1322 Hours

Sarah materialised inside the converted suite to find Adam Carter pacing. The screens surrounding the room were all displaying personnel files, most prominently the Virkov's and T'Lani's. The AI showed no signs of surprise at the unconventional setup of the room - she was, after all a part of its security setup. Adam finished another crossing of the room, turned to return and saw the AI construct standing beside the centre table.

"Lieutenant Durand has requested your presence on the Holodeck," replied the AI. "He mentioned a 'teaching moment'."

"Of course," replied Adam. "I'll head right over. While you're here, SARAH, I need you to add Acting Captain Ashashy to the IC list. I'll give him a personal briefing after he's had a chance to settle in. And... Remove Captain Virkov."

Was there a hint of sadness in her voice as she replied, "Yes, sir," or was it his imagination?

"I'll be right along to the Holodeck. Do me a favour and find Cadet Konev? Ask her to join us in the Holodeck. That will be all, SARAH," finished Adam. He waited for the AI to vanish entirely before crossing the room and firing off a quick email to Karl, the supervisor of the intel bullpen. Virkov might be on her way to parts unknown, but if Adam had anything to say about it, she wouldn't walk in unprepared. Professional courtesy demanded nothing less.

-----

Holodeck
1335 Hours

"Lieutenant," greeted Adam smilingly as he entered the Holodeck. "Nice program. Love a city sim. How can I help you?"

"Did you bring us reinforcements?" The Orion Cadet checked behind her to see Ensign Carter show up, but keeping her phaser rifle pointed down range. "The Lieutenant here is threatening us with Borg if we don't improve our scores."

<Tag Jules/Anyone else (Smyth?)>
Back to top Go down
http://ussmerrimack.jedi.net.nz/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
Corbet Smyth

Corbet Smyth

PostSubject: Re: Strategic Ops Dept JP   Strategic Ops Dept JP I_icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 2:46 pm

Corbet looked over at the group of security big-wigs.

"Ok boys and girls, looks like the Lieutenant needs the space. So guess what you lot are doing for the next twenty minutes?"

A series of groans escaped the cadets.

"That's right. I want two laps around the outer corridors. Report back when you're done. If you're lucky, we might let you off early."

The promise of early dismissal seemed to lift their spirits as the cadets exited the holodeck.

Corbet walked over to the group.

"Jules, would you like me in on this conversation or should I be chasing the cadet's heels?"
Back to top Go down
Dagny Taggart-Leis
Admin
Dagny Taggart-Leis

PostSubject: Re: Strategic Ops Dept JP   Strategic Ops Dept JP I_icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 3:04 pm

[quote="Luna Konev"][Holodeck One, USS Normandie]
[2 August 2386 CE]
[1320 hours]

Intelligence Suite
1322 Hours

-----

Holodeck
1335 Hours

"Did you bring us reinforcements?" The Orion Cadet checked behind her to see Ensign Carter show up, but keeping her phaser rifle pointed down range. "The Lieutenant here is threatening us with Borg if we don't improve our scores."

"Ok boys and girls, looks like the Lieutenant needs the space. So guess what you lot are doing for the next twenty minutes?"

"That's right. I want two laps around the outer corridors. Report back when you're done. If you're lucky, we might let you off early."

The promise of early dismissal seemed to lift their spirits as the cadets exited the holodeck.

"Jules, would you like me in on this conversation or should I be chasing the cadet's heels?"

Julian smiled and said, "Actually, once they've ran the laps, bring them in. There's been a changeup and everyone needs to be informed. It's important that everyone knows what exactly is going on and the reasons why we have protocol like these in place."

<tag any>
Back to top Go down
Corbet Smyth

Corbet Smyth

PostSubject: Re: Strategic Ops Dept JP   Strategic Ops Dept JP I_icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 3:10 pm

[2 August 2386 CE]
[1320 hours]

Intelligence Suite
1322 Hours

-----

Holodeck
1335 Hours

Julian smiled and said, "Actually, once they've ran the laps, bring them in. There's been a changeup and everyone needs to be informed. It's important that everyone knows what exactly is going on and the reasons why we have protocol like these in place."

Corbet Smiled and nodded.
"Sure thing Jules. I heard the Captain is leaving and taking the queen bitch of the universe with her. Do you know if we're getting a new CO or are the pretty boys gonna be running the ship for awhile?"
Corbet said with a pleasantly disrespectful smirk.
<tag any>
Back to top Go down
Luna Konev

Luna Konev

PostSubject: Re: Strategic Ops Dept JP   Strategic Ops Dept JP I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 12:33 am

[2 August 2386 CE]
[1320 hours]

Intelligence Suite
1322 Hours

-----

Holodeck
1335 Hours

"Did you bring us reinforcements?" The Orion Cadet grinned at the Ensign as she gently tilted her head toward Julian. "The Lieutenant here is threatening us with Borg if we don't improve our scores."

"Sure thing Jules. I heard the Captain is leaving and taking the queen bitch of the universe with her. Do you know if we're getting a new CO or are the pretty boys gonna be running the ship for awhile?"

"Not that there is anything wrong with the pretty boys being in charge, or anything." Luna added as she passed the Jaunty to regard her immediate superior with her typical demeanor.
Back to top Go down
Dagny Taggart-Leis
Admin
Dagny Taggart-Leis

PostSubject: Re: Strategic Ops Dept JP   Strategic Ops Dept JP I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 11:53 pm

[2 August 2386 CE]
[1320 hours]

Intelligence Suite
1322 Hours

-----

Holodeck
1335 Hours

"Did you bring us reinforcements?" The Orion Cadet grinned at the Ensign as she gently tilted her head toward Julian. "The Lieutenant here is threatening us with Borg if we don't improve our scores."

"Not that there is anything wrong with the pretty boys being in charge, or anything." Luna added as she passed the Jaunty to regard her immediate superior with her typical demeanor.

"Alright, easy with the language. The 'Queen Bitch' and 'Pretty Boys' you're talking about are still superior officers, and regardless of our own personal feelings, they deserve our respect by the merit of their position if nothing else. I don't want us getting into bad habits."

Julian looked as the cadets and new recruits filed back into the holodeck, looking much less exhausted than he expected them to be, and smirked.

"While I sincerely doubt that any of you actually ran laps around the outer corridors, I'll let it pass for now, huddle up so you can all hear this. Starfleet Command has sent Captain Virkov and Colonel T'Lani ahead to the Mollais homeworld, and sent us to rendezvous with the Endeavour. I have my own suspicions about what exactly this entails, but I think it's a safe bet we will probably be losing our XO, and most likely our CO along with her. There are protocols in place for this, which means that for the time being, our Second Officer, aka our Chief Counselor is temporarily in command. I'll let our department head go into more detail. Ensign?"

<tag Carter>
Back to top Go down
Adam Carter

Adam Carter

PostSubject: Re: Strategic Ops Dept JP   Strategic Ops Dept JP I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 10:54 pm

[2 August 2386 CE]
[1320 hours]

Intelligence Suite
1322 Hours

-----

Holodeck
1335 Hours

Adam teasingly shook his head a fraction and fought down the creeping sense of dread that only a heavily armed Luna Konev could produce.

"Alright, easy with the language. The 'Queen Bitch' and 'Pretty Boys' you're talking about are still superior officers, and regardless of our own personal feelings, they deserve our respect by the merit of their position if nothing else. I don't want us getting into bad habits."

Julian looked as the cadets and new recruits filed back into the holodeck, looking much less exhausted than he expected them to be, and smirked.

"While I sincerely doubt that any of you actually ran laps around the outer corridors, I'll let it pass for now, huddle up so you can all hear this. Starfleet Command has sent Captain Virkov and Colonel T'Lani ahead to the Mollais homeworld, and sent us to rendezvous with the Endeavour. I have my own suspicions about what exactly this entails, but I think it's a safe bet we will probably be losing our XO, and most likely our CO along with her. There are protocols in place for this, which means that for the time being, our Second Officer, aka our Chief Counselor is temporarily in command. I'll let our department head go into more detail. Ensign?"

Adam nodded at Julian, paused for a moment to gather his thoughts and continued.

"There's an important point to all of this," he started. "This might be the first time some of you have had a change of captain, but it won't be the last. This job we do can be dangerous, and it can throw big changes at us. Change is an inevitable part of what we'll do out here. How we deal with that change is important. What I want each of you to remember is that while the man in the chair might have changed, the ideals we've all sworn to uphold are still the same. We still represent the Federation to the galaxy at large. We're still out here to do what the Federation has always done - to explore, to build friendships, to boldly go. Remember that. Keep calm and carry on."

<tag all>
Back to top Go down
Dagny Taggart-Leis
Admin
Dagny Taggart-Leis

PostSubject: Re: Strategic Ops Dept JP   Strategic Ops Dept JP I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 10:35 pm

[2 August 2386 CE]
[1320 hours]

Intelligence Suite
1322 Hours

-----

Holodeck
1335 Hours

Adam teasingly shook his head a fraction and fought down the creeping sense of dread that only a heavily armed Luna Konev could produce.

Adam nodded at Julian, paused for a moment to gather his thoughts and continued.

"There's an important point to all of this," he started. "This might be the first time some of you have had a change of captain, but it won't be the last. This job we do can be dangerous, and it can throw big changes at us. Change is an inevitable part of what we'll do out here. How we deal with that change is important. What I want each of you to remember is that while the man in the chair might have changed, the ideals we've all sworn to uphold are still the same. We still represent the Federation to the galaxy at large. We're still out here to do what the Federation has always done - to explore, to build friendships, to boldly go. Remember that. Keep calm and carry on."

Julian nodded, and said "Right. And on that note, I'm going to carry on back to the security office to figure out what the hell we're doing next. Ladies, Gentlemen."

<tag any>
Back to top Go down
Luna Konev

Luna Konev

PostSubject: Re: Strategic Ops Dept JP   Strategic Ops Dept JP I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 10:59 pm

[2 August 2386 CE]
[1320 hours]

Intelligence Suite
1322 Hours

-----

Holodeck
1335 Hours

Julian nodded, and said "Right. And on that note, I'm going to carry on back to the security office to figure out what the hell we're doing next. Ladies, Gentlemen."

"Very pretty speech, Boss." Luna drifted near Adam Carter and raised an eyebrow. "Any chance of us exploring and building new friendships and boldly going toward the Starlight Lounge to keep calm and carry on?"

<tag Carter>
<tag any>
Back to top Go down
Adam Carter

Adam Carter

PostSubject: Re: Strategic Ops Dept JP   Strategic Ops Dept JP I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 2:43 am

[2 August 2386 CE]
[1320 hours]

Intelligence Suite
1322 Hours

-----

Holodeck
1335 Hours

"Thanks Julian," replied Adam affably. "I'll stop in to compare notes later. This reorg's already giving me the willies."

"Very pretty speech, Boss." Luna drifted near Adam Carter and raised an eyebrow. "Any chance of us exploring and building new friendships and boldly going toward the Starlight Lounge to keep calm and carry on?"

Adam smiles and gestured gallantly towards the holodeck's egress. "Let's do that," he agreed.

<Tag Corbet to wrap up, otherwise I think this one's ready for posting>

<Adam and Luna will return in
Adam And Luna Get A Drink II: The Wrath of Khan>
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Strategic Ops Dept JP   Strategic Ops Dept JP I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Strategic Ops Dept JP
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
USS Normandie :: Joint Posts-