USS Normandie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

USS Normandie

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
There is a new post in the Announcements section, requesting roll call. Please respond ASAP.

Adam And Luna Get A Drink II: The Wrath of Khan

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Luna Konev

Luna Konev

Adam And Luna Get A Drink II: The Wrath of Khan Empty
PostSubject: Adam And Luna Get A Drink II: The Wrath of Khan   Adam And Luna Get A Drink II: The Wrath of Khan I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 1:57 pm

ON:
[USS Normandie - Starlight Lounge]
[Enter Metadata here later]

Luna doffed her duty jacket and threw it in the recycler as she entered the Starlight Lounge. Comfortable in her gray undershirt, she sat at the bar with Ensign Carter and rested her chin on her propped up hand. Regarding her immediate superior with a light grin, she waited for him to get settled and glanced at the barkeep.

<Tag>
Back to top Go down
http://ussmerrimack.jedi.net.nz/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
Adam Carter

Adam Carter

PostSubject: Re: Adam And Luna Get A Drink II: The Wrath of Khan   Adam And Luna Get A Drink II: The Wrath of Khan I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 11:58 pm

ON:
[USS Normandie - Starlight Lounge]
[Enter Metadata here later]

Luna doffed her duty jacket and threw it in the recycler as she entered the Starlight Lounge. Comfortable in her gray undershirt, she sat at the bar with Ensign Carter and rested her chin on her propped up hand. Regarding her immediate superior with a light grin, she waited for him to get settled and glanced at the barkeep.

Plonking himself onto a stool next to Luna, Adam rolled his shoulders a couple of times to loosen the tension. Feeling immediately improved, he smiled. "What's on your mind, Konev?"

<Tag>
Back to top Go down
Luna Konev

Luna Konev

PostSubject: Re: Adam And Luna Get A Drink II: The Wrath of Khan   Adam And Luna Get A Drink II: The Wrath of Khan I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 2:04 am

Plonking himself onto a stool next to Luna, Adam rolled his shoulders a couple of times to loosen the tension. Feeling immediately improved, he smiled. "What's on your mind, Konev?"

"Oh, nothing much." Luna murmured as she nodded her head to the barkeep. "Risian Firebrandy, please."

<Tag>

"I was a little concerned when it was revealed that both the Captain and the First Officer were leaving us." The Orion Cadet finally said. "I am sure this has some repercussions for us in Intel, I cannot help but notice that Mister Durand wears a higher rank than yours. Where do you fit in all of this, I wonder?"

<tag>
Back to top Go down
Adam Carter

Adam Carter

PostSubject: Re: Adam And Luna Get A Drink II: The Wrath of Khan   Adam And Luna Get A Drink II: The Wrath of Khan I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 5:19 am

"Oh, nothing much." Luna murmured as she nodded her head to the barkeep. "Risian Firebrandy, please."

"I'll have a Khan," said Adam nonchalantly, studiously ignoring Atani's raised eyebrow.

"I was a little concerned when it was revealed that both the Captain and the First Officer were leaving us." The Orion Cadet finally said. "I am sure this has some repercussions for us in Intel, I cannot help but notice that Mister Durand wears a higher rank than yours. Where do you fit in all of this, I wonder?"

"Jules and I will come to some kind of arrangement," Adam replied, shrugging. "We both have our strengths and areas of expertise and regardless of the chain of command I don't plan on telling him how to run a security department. Aside from the joy I'll get from seeing you run through security training drills," he smirked, "I don't think we'll be seeing any major changes to our little corner of the ship."

His drink arrived, and Adam picked up the three-quarters full snifter and swirled the red/purple liquid, watching it for a moment. He took a nip from the glass and clenched a fist as the potent mixture hit him. Clearing his throat, he continued, "As for our command structure, I wouldn't be too concerned. I have some theories about how we'll wind up. Things are looking positive."

<tag>

Last edited by Adam Carter on Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:20 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN)
Back to top Go down
Luna Konev

Luna Konev

PostSubject: Re: Adam And Luna Get A Drink II: The Wrath of Khan   Adam And Luna Get A Drink II: The Wrath of Khan I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 1:29 pm

His drink arrived, and Adam picked up the three-quarters full snifter and swirled the red/purple liquid, watching it for a moment. He took a nip from the glass and clenched a fist as the potent mixture hit him. Clearing his throat, he continued, "As for our command structure, I wouldn't be too concerned. I have some theories about how we'll wind up. Things are looking positive."

"Hmmmm." The young woman measured his words and considered his face before smiling lightly and taking a draw on her Risian Firebrandy. The warmth of the drink reminded her of previous social adventures in her Academy days on Earth. She had distanced herself from there while on the Normandie, and she did not enjoy the idea of slipping back into obscurity. "Well, I am sure everything will turn out right. Things are starting to look like there is an emphasis on cross-training. Is this department merger going to be a temporary thing or should I sleep with my phaser carbine from now on?"

<tag>
Back to top Go down
Adam Carter

Adam Carter

PostSubject: Re: Adam And Luna Get A Drink II: The Wrath of Khan   Adam And Luna Get A Drink II: The Wrath of Khan I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 6:06 am

"Hmmmm." The young woman measured his words and considered his face before smiling lightly and taking a draw on her Risian Firebrandy. The warmth of the drink reminded her of previous social adventures in her Academy days on Earth. She had distanced herself from there while on the Normandie, and she did not enjoy the idea of slipping back into obscurity. "Well, I am sure everything will turn out right. Things are starting to look like there is an emphasis on cross-training. Is this department merger going to be a temporary thing or should I sleep with my phaser carbine from now on?"

"Given the fluidity of our command structure," replied Adam, "I'd say everything is temporary at the moment." He paused for another sip. With the harsh initial hit out of the way, the Khan sizzled pleasantly on its way down. He raised an eyebrow, impressed, and nodded politely towards Atani. She'd passed the test - not many bartenders could properly prepare this drink. Named for James Kirk's legendary nemesis, the Khan was a potent blend of rare drinks, mixed to present a nebula-like effect. Its initial hit was supposed to call to mind a crippling surprise attack, while its firey aftereffect referenced Khan's last words - hell's heart, indeed.

"It does present an opportunity to gain some valuable security training, and to cross-train our own security department with basic observation techniques to boot. I'll be getting Karl and the bullpen in on it from tomorrow, maybe see if we can set up an intra-departmental sim battle happening. For the good of the service, of course." He smiled, taking another drink. "Lieutenant Durand is a brilliant commander in any case, you're quite lucky to get the opportunity to work under him." He chuckled. "No pun intended."

<tag>
Back to top Go down
Luna Konev

Luna Konev

PostSubject: Re: Adam And Luna Get A Drink II: The Wrath of Khan   Adam And Luna Get A Drink II: The Wrath of Khan I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 9:58 pm

"Hmmm?" Luna demurred a low throaty chuckle as she drank her brandy, her eyes grinning. "Look at you, Lieutenant. A couple of sips of drink in you and your already cracking funnies. I should join you at the bar more often."

Clinking her glass against his as he held it in his hand in a bit of a cheers.

"Though I imagine it would be quite the victory for femininity if I managed being personally under his command. I am well aware of his situation." Luna purred. "Trust me, I checked the batting line up of everyone in my chain of command. Which brings me back to you, Carter. Is there a significant other, deleted somewhere in your rather spartan personal records? Or am I to assume all you SFI folks are married to your work?"

<tag>
Back to top Go down
Adam Carter

Adam Carter

PostSubject: Re: Adam And Luna Get A Drink II: The Wrath of Khan   Adam And Luna Get A Drink II: The Wrath of Khan I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 5:50 am

"Hmmm?" Luna demurred a low throaty chuckle as she drank her brandy, her eyes grinning. "Look at you, Lieutenant. A couple of sips of drink in you and your already cracking funnies. I should join you at the bar more often."

Clinking her glass against his as he held it in his hand in a bit of a cheers.

"Though I imagine it would be quite the victory for femininity if I managed being personally under his command. I am well aware of his situation." Luna purred. "Trust me, I checked the batting line up of everyone in my chain of command. Which brings me back to you, Carter. Is there a significant other, deleted somewhere in your rather spartan personal records? Or am I to assume all you SFI folks are married to your work?"

Adam chuckled. "I wouldn't call it a marriage," he said, "but there's a limit to how attached you can get in the field. And don't forget," he gestured towards her with his drink, "you're well on your way towards turning into one of those 'SFI folks'. I'd suggest you start developing graceful exit strategies." Raising an eyebrow, he drained his glass.

<tag - sorry! Went interstate for the weekend. And then it was Wednesday. Tuesday happened at some point, I'm sure.>
Back to top Go down
Luna Konev

Luna Konev

PostSubject: Re: Adam And Luna Get A Drink II: The Wrath of Khan   Adam And Luna Get A Drink II: The Wrath of Khan I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 2:24 pm

Adam chuckled. "I wouldn't call it a marriage," he said, "but there's a limit to how attached you can get in the field. And don't forget," he gestured towards her with his drink, "you're well on your way towards turning into one of those 'SFI folks'. I'd suggest you start developing graceful exit strategies." Raising an eyebrow, he drained his glass.

"I believe there is some time before I can attempt to snatch the pebble from my master's hand." Luna replied as she nursed her drink. "So tell me master, is there anything else I should learn before I can leave Shaolin?"
Back to top Go down
Adam Carter

Adam Carter

PostSubject: Re: Adam And Luna Get A Drink II: The Wrath of Khan   Adam And Luna Get A Drink II: The Wrath of Khan I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 8:22 am

[quote="Luna Konev"]Adam chuckled. "I wouldn't call it a marriage," he said, "but there's a limit to how attached you can get in the field. And don't forget," he gestured towards her with his drink, "you're well on your way towards turning into one of those 'SFI folks'. I'd suggest you start developing graceful exit strategies." Raising an eyebrow, he drained his glass.

"I believe there is some time before I can attempt to snatch the pebble from my master's hand." Luna replied as she nursed her drink. "So tell me master, is there anything else I should learn before I can leave Shaolin?"

"More than we can cover over a drink," Adam replied wryly. "Out here, so far from what you and I are used to in the way of civilisation, it's going to be trickier than I'd like to get you into regular field work." He grinned wickedly. "We may need to improvise. I promise you, though, it won't be boring."
Back to top Go down
Luna Konev

Luna Konev

PostSubject: Re: Adam And Luna Get A Drink II: The Wrath of Khan   Adam And Luna Get A Drink II: The Wrath of Khan I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 8:42 pm

"More than we can cover over a drink," Adam replied wryly. "Out here, so far from what you and I are used to in the way of civilization, it's going to be trickier than I'd like to get you into regular field work." He grinned wickedly. "We may need to improvise. I promise you, though, it won't be boring."

"I look forward to it, Adam." The young Orion woman sighed as she finished her drink, refreshed now that the slight buzz of her drink finally tickled her motor control and began to warm her cheeks and the tips of her ears. "Can I interest you in another dance, Mister Carter? It has been a while since we flirted, exchanged innuendos, and left each other unsated."

<tag - Smile >
Back to top Go down
Adam Carter

Adam Carter

PostSubject: Re: Adam And Luna Get A Drink II: The Wrath of Khan   Adam And Luna Get A Drink II: The Wrath of Khan I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 8:26 am

"More than we can cover over a drink," Adam replied wryly. "Out here, so far from what you and I are used to in the way of civilization, it's going to be trickier than I'd like to get you into regular field work." He grinned wickedly. "We may need to improvise. I promise you, though, it won't be boring."

"I look forward to it, Adam." The young Orion woman sighed as she finished her drink, refreshed now that the slight buzz of her drink finally tickled her motor control and began to warm her cheeks and the tips of her ears. "Can I interest you in another dance, Mister Carter? It has been a while since we flirted, exchanged innuendos, and left each other unsated."

"Well, far be it for me to deny you a disappointing time," replied Adam gallantly. Smiling, he stood and offered his hand. "Computer," he said, as the bartender seemed to have vanished, "dance music."

"Please specify specific genre," replied the Normandie's synthetic voice.

Adam gave Luna a long, searching look, then his smile widened. "Swing," he said.

<Sorry! A bunch has happened and I thought this was done. But now it is, I think, unless you want to add something. If you do, tag!>
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adam And Luna Get A Drink II: The Wrath of Khan   Adam And Luna Get A Drink II: The Wrath of Khan I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Adam And Luna Get A Drink II: The Wrath of Khan
Page 1 of 1