USS Normandie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

USS Normandie

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
There is a new post in the Announcements section, requesting roll call. Please respond ASAP.

Current Mission Discussion

Go down 
+4
Adam Carter
Gerard Garrett
Elena Fedorov
Shras/Eiri/Rha
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Shras/Eiri/Rha

Shras/Eiri/Rha

Current Mission Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Current Mission Discussion   Current Mission Discussion I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 4:36 am

Sorry about all the delay again, but my computer crashed this week and everything had to be redone. I had to reset it to it's factory settings. D: Not happy making. But all is well now and I am back up and running again!

Where do we want to go with the current mission? Do we need to wrap it up immediately so we can get on to what's next? Or can we linger... look at some ruins... discover some more species? I'm interested to hear what you all think. Very Happy

Proposal one: Eiri sends one team back with injured and keeps the rest to continue to explore.

Proposal two: Sean goes ahead with his part of the mission.

Proposal three: All of the above and then some.

Proposal four: We GTFO.

What'cha guys thinkin about?
Back to top Go down
Elena Fedorov

Elena Fedorov

PostSubject: Re: Current Mission Discussion   Current Mission Discussion I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 5:04 am

I'm for the GTFO option, especially if, as I remember, we still have a pending rendezvous with the USS Endeavour. Let's move the Away Teams out of the pickles they're in, get back to the Normandie, regroup, and leave the ruins/artefact/interferences as a sort of mystery hanging over us. Also, depending on taste, Carter might retain some lingering "problems" that could resurface anytime and bring us back to the planet anytime. It would be nice to get on the move again on the ship, exploring the Expanse.

^__^
Back to top Go down
Gerard Garrett

Gerard Garrett

PostSubject: Re: Current Mission Discussion   Current Mission Discussion I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 9:10 pm

Personally, I'd love the chance to see a bit of plot development and character interaction by leaving a few folks on the planet, but as I read the character of Ashshy, leaving an away team in a place with such a demonstrated potential for harm wouldn't make a whole lot of sense for a thorough, cautious CO like him. Unless, of course, such abandonment was unintentional and due to circumstances beyond his control... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Adam Carter

Adam Carter

PostSubject: Re: Current Mission Discussion   Current Mission Discussion I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 8:07 am

I'm for Ging TFO. I know there's a few plot threads lingering but I think the SIMM would be better served by moving on.
Back to top Go down
Sepeth/Paz/Hayley

Sepeth/Paz/Hayley

PostSubject: Re: Current Mission Discussion   Current Mission Discussion I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 2:15 am

Strange things are afoot on this planet, and it seems a shame to leave it all behind abruptly, so here's my thought:

We leave some kind of data-collection device on the surface (to placate the science types Smile) and GtFO. We rendezvous with the Endeavour to swap crewmembers, and run a different mission or two afterwards. If the mood strikes us, or if elements of another storyline make it expedient to do so, we return to the Zombie Spores from Space story. Somebody remind me to pack plenty of red shirts if we do.
Back to top Go down
Elena Fedorov

Elena Fedorov

PostSubject: Re: Current Mission Discussion   Current Mission Discussion I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 4:43 am

I like Hayley's take on this just as much as the more direct GTFO that Carter put forward Wink

I think we need to get moving onto something new, and to try and focus into limiting the amount of JP play we actually do. For as much as it's lovely to run group mission/activities, it slows down things A LOT, and even players that are more active than others at times have to sit and wait because they can't move the plot alone after it has been entangled in a group JP.

A bit of pace and a new fresh mission is what we need most probably, at the moment Smile
Back to top Go down
Dagny Taggart-Leis
Admin
Dagny Taggart-Leis

PostSubject: Re: Current Mission Discussion   Current Mission Discussion I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 2:01 pm

GTFO.

EDIT: Mostly because my part of the mission has no purpose at this point since the crisis was resolved by the other away team. I had something planned buuuut...I figured it was better to just move the plot forward and get us out into the Expanse again. We've been in this damn area for the better part of TOO DAMN LONG. Let's get out and do what we do best, blow shit up explore.

We can always come back to this planet later Wink
Back to top Go down
http://http://ussnormandie.pfy.netai.net/
Shras/Eiri/Rha

Shras/Eiri/Rha

PostSubject: Re: Current Mission Discussion   Current Mission Discussion I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 2:16 pm

Alright! I think that I will move toward wrapping this up and GTFO. We've kept new crew and captain waiting long enough. =P I do, however, like the idea of leaving a data collector behind. It leaves us a window to go back to the planet, although once we leave the expanse I'm not sure we'll be able to find it again. >.> (Sean? Thoughts?)

Okay... so two major issues to get people and ships off the planet. We will have to move away from the interference to beam people up, and we can't just leave the ship there. We'll need to resolve the issue with the shuttle so we can fly it back, even if it's with a small crew. I'm all for letting Hayley techno babble some sort of "Oh yeah this is how we fix it..." thing. If that's cool with everyone else. =P

GTFO it is.
Back to top Go down
Dagny Taggart-Leis
Admin
Dagny Taggart-Leis

PostSubject: Re: Current Mission Discussion   Current Mission Discussion I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 2:21 pm

Pssh, how many times do I have to remind you people that we move at the speed of plot?!!?! bounce

We can totally find it again if we have to. We can do it, we have the technology. If we need to find the planet again, we just set a course for the Mollais Nebula and BAM there it is.

Hailey, technobabble the shit outta that shuttle to get it working. I have full faith that you can come up with something suitably Scotty to get it workin Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://http://ussnormandie.pfy.netai.net/
Sepeth/Paz/Hayley

Sepeth/Paz/Hayley

PostSubject: Re: Current Mission Discussion   Current Mission Discussion I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 2:52 pm

Aye aye, folks. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Luna Konev

Luna Konev

PostSubject: Re: Current Mission Discussion   Current Mission Discussion I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 11:47 pm

Awesome. alien
Back to top Go down
http://ussmerrimack.jedi.net.nz/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
Retol Ayan

Retol Ayan

PostSubject: Re: Current Mission Discussion   Current Mission Discussion I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 8:30 pm

Concur!

Sorry, work picked up this week and I've been dragging. Back now. Smile
Back to top Go down
Elena Fedorov

Elena Fedorov

PostSubject: Re: Current Mission Discussion   Current Mission Discussion I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 3:25 am

We should be about ready to leave the surface. The Away Team Merger is there for anyone to pick up and complete. Let's get back, get a good sonic shower and find a nice and comfy white and padded room for our dear Ensign Carter clown

jocolor
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Current Mission Discussion   Current Mission Discussion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Current Mission Discussion
Page 1 of 1