USS Normandie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

USS Normandie

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
There is a new post in the Announcements section, requesting roll call. Please respond ASAP.

Mission 1.02 Interlude

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dagny Taggart-Leis
Admin
Dagny Taggart-Leis

Mission 1.02 Interlude Empty
PostSubject: Mission 1.02 Interlude   Mission 1.02 Interlude I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 2:11 am

[Arboretum Lounge, Kepler Station]
[July 14th, 2386 0900 hours]

Though it had nearly fleeced him to do so, Julian knew by the expressions on his crewmen's faces that purchasing some time to themselves in one of the backrooms of the Arboretum Lounge on Kepler Station was worth every credit.

The Wanderer was not suited to occasions that required the amount of pomp and circumstance as this one, and he was glad he got the chance to dust off his old Dress Uniform, and class up the place a bit.

"Crewmen Griffith and Smyth, please step forward," he commanded.

Turning first to Hayley, he leaned down to pick up a tight fold of fabric and a small black jewelry box. Holding it tightly in front of him, he smiled beamingly.

"Crewman Griffith, your brief time thus far on the Wanderer has proven you to be not only an exemplary crew member, but the very quintessence of what it means to be a 'think on your feet' engineer. Time and again you have proven your aptitude, knowledge, and ingenuity. These are all qualities that Starfleet encourages in it's engineers. Owing to this, I am proud to not only advance you to the rank of Petty Officer Third Class, but to gift you with this," he said.

Extending the small package, he grinned, and said "It's an engineering jump suit, much like the kind I'm sure you're more comfortable using. Doc told me it's what you'd prefer, and I can't have my new Lead Engineer being uncomfortable on the job. Congratulations, Griffith, you may step back."

He turned to face Corbett, giving her the raised eyebrow and once over before smiling, and extending another small black jewelry box.

"Crewman Smyth. When I read your bio before we went underway, I will admit I was a bit reticent about having you aboard. During my short stint with the Marines, I worked with several Privates and Corporals much like you. Gritty, somewhat less refined than one would expect, and eager to overcome their upbringing."

Opening the jewelry box and extending it towards her, he continued "However, when push came to shove, and crunch time hit, you showed me not only how adaptable you are, how willing you are to take on duties other than your primary, even those you aren't trained in...and how you seem to know the exact moment to pull a new card out from your sleeve. While these may not be the exact qualities that most commanding officers look for in a quality weapons officer, they are qualities that I encourage in the entirety of my crew. Owing to this, you are hereby promoted to the rank of Crewman. Congratulations Smyth. You may step back."

Smiling at the crew in formation, Julian cleared his throat.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, our last mission despite any and all misgivings any of us may have, was a success. You all performed admirably, and I am deeply thankful for your support, your knowledge, and your esteem. I only hope that time will allow me the great honor of returning those ten-fold to you. Dismissed."
Back to top Go down
http://http://ussnormandie.pfy.netai.net/

Mission 1.02 Interlude
Page 1 of 1