USS Normandie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

USS Normandie

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
There is a new post in the Announcements section, requesting roll call. Please respond ASAP.

G.A. Garrett's personal log

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gerard Garrett

Gerard Garrett

G.A. Garrett's personal log Empty
PostSubject: G.A. Garrett's personal log   G.A. Garrett's personal log I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 1:59 am

Gerard Garrett here. First log entry.

My circadian rhythms are still turning cartwheels from the journey to the Normandie, which I believe must have been the longest I’ve ever undertaken. For someone of a species proud of its listening prowess, Commander Evincrue sure does like to talk, but I was glad to have someone—particularly somebody who speaks biology and I can talk shop with—along for company in that shuttlecraft. I’ll miss teaching the kiddos at the Academy, but when I got my orders to report to the Normandie, I jumped on them. It’s time to do what I’ve wanted to do for years now and make an actual contribution to my field, to be a fountainhead of knowledge instead of just a sink.

But enough about me. The gorgeous lady I’m currently stationed on surpassed my expectations, even though I read her specs before coming aboard. I took the time to survey the lab facilities (pristine, with everything I need to practice good science) before coming here to my lodgings, which are more than livable. After I’ve freshened up and relaxed a bit, I’ll find and report to my immediate supervisor, one Lieutenant Elena Fedorov, and figure out what the word is around here. With luck she’ll have something organic for me to work on so that I can start proving I belong here. I should also introduce myself to the medical staff that I haven’t already spent days in a shuttlecraft with; as shorthanded as the Normandie seems to be, they might appreciate a hand from someone with my background, at least until more Hippocratically-sworn physicians arrive.

Right now, I’m the furthest from home I’ve ever been, and already, I’m feeling microscopic. I’ve been at sea nearly my whole life and I’ve counted on powers beyond my control to spare my life more times than I could tell, and yet I, Gerard Alan Garrett, Master of Science, Lieutenant JG, am excitedly nervous, on the first truly gargantuan adventure of my life. I’ll probably feel better after I fall into my element and meet my colleagues, but also I wish the unknown would hurry up and happen already. It might alleviate this knot in my gut.
Back to top Go down

G.A. Garrett's personal log
Page 1 of 1